Contact details for member Associations may be found on our links page.
The British Association for Shooting and Conservation offers the following training courses:
- BASC Airgun Coaches
- BASC Shotgun Coach Award Scheme
- BASC Shotgun Safe Shot
- Deer Stalking Certificate – Levels 1 & 2
- New EU Food Hygiene Regulations
- Proficiency Award Scheme
- Qualified Shotgun Coaches
- Sporting rifle training course.
For more information contact the Shooting Standards Department on 01244 573018 or follow the link http://www.basc.org.uk/content/trainingdept
The National Small-bore Rifle Association (NSRA) offers the following training courses:
- Probationary course
- Scorer’s Course
- Youth Proficiency Scheme Course
- Range Conducting Officers Course
- Club Instructor
- Club Coach
- County Coach
- Regional Coach
The courses cover a variety of disciplines including small-bore rifle (prone and 3 position), small-bore pistol, air rifle, air pistol, lightweight sport rifle, field target, crossbow and benchrest shooting.
Further details are provided on the NSRA website www.nsra.co.uk or for more information please contact the NSRA on 01483 485555 or by email: email@example.com
The National Rifle Association provides a number of training courses including;
- Probationary Courses
- Skills Courses
- Club Instructor
- Club Coach
- Range Conducting Officer courses.
The Institute of Clay Shooting Instructors is an international organisation for qualified shotgun instructors, with headquarters in the UK. Courses, workshops and seminars are provided, for the continued development of the membership, covering all aspects of shotgun shooting. The wide ranging topics include, for example,
- shooting techniques
- andmental approach
- dietary factors
- legislative topics
- coaching styles
- imagery training and much more.
ICSI may be contacted via its website.
The UKPSA run regular training courses for dynamic shooting disciplines as well as training for its range officials.
Details of the UKPSA training courses can be found on their web site at http://www.ukpsa.co.uk/courses.html
The contact e.mail address for all training courses is firstname.lastname@example.org
The Association of Professional Shooting Instructors offers the following training courses for members or prospective members working in our industry:-
- APSI One Day Corporate Instructor Course
- APSI Part One (Basic) Instructor Course
- APSI Part Two (Advanced) Instructor Course
- APSI Gun Fitting Course
For more information please contact Chris Miles, Secretary, on 01782 397961 or e-mail email@example.com
The Clay Pigeon Shooting Association (CPSA) is the National Governing Body for clay pigeon shooting in England. It offers a programme of training and development courses, workshops and an annual Coaching Conference to help with the continuing professional development of members.
Training and courses are available to cover the following areas:
- Shotgun Skills – basic safety, gun handling and an introduction to successful shooting
- Safety Officer – ensuring high standards of safety and consistent competitions at grounds
- Instructor training and development
- Coach training and development
- Referees courses
The CPSA may be contacted via its website www.cpsa.co.uk